Want to take a look at the The Modern’s Dessert Trolley? A
I first wrote about this trolley for
. It’s created by pastry chef Marc Aumont (who made
Want to see every single sweet?
Let’s do it ^_^
The trolley is extra cool because the methods and traditions are classic French, but the individual sweets draw from a number of cultures and countries. Think American chocolate chip cookies, nougats with Asian flavors, and Dutch stroopwafels.
1. Chocolate Chip Cookies
2. Carrot Marshmallows – the little knots are an architectural nod to the sculpture garden at the MoMA.
3. Hazelnut-Chocolate Stroopwafels (like Nutella meets classic stroopwafel).
4. Pistachio Cookies and Chocolate Cream
The cream comes in these white tubes…
…squeeze and assemble your own sandwiches. The cookies are just perfect, so delicate and buttery. I almost prefer them plain. And by the dozen ;)
5. Amaretti Cookies, soft and chewy with nuggets of marzipan.
1. Apple Calvados Lolipops –
4. Caramelized Peanuts and Chocolate
5. Black and White Sesame Nougat
6. Banana-Nutmeg Pâte de Fruit – especially memorable because you don’t often see spices in pâte de fruit.
7. Lilikoi-Mango Macarons
8. Macadamia Nut Brittle
9. Caramelized Cacao Nibs…
…perfect cuts, all in the details.
1. Bonbons. From left to right:
– Vanilla and tonka bean
– Pistachio and lemongrass
– Saffron and honey
3. Coffee Frappe
The perfect way to finish off the dessert trolley ^_^
9 W 53rd Street, New York, NY 10019