At the Sanderson Hotel in London, a whimsical afternoon tea…
I think it’s time for another holiday to London. We have the original Balthazar here in NYC…but the London location serves afternoon tea! Tea is sourced from Postcard Teas and served with plain and raisin scones. Devon clotted cream and strawberry jam on the side, no detail forgotten. Here’s the menu breakdown:
- Cucumber, Mint and Cream Cheese on White Pullman
- Smoked Salmon, Butter and Black Pepper on Brown Bread
- Crab, Tarragon Mayonnaise and Lemon Juice on White Pullman
- Smoked Chicken and Apricot on White Pullman
- Egg Mayonnaise and Mustard Cress on Brown Bread
- Lemon, Raspberry and Rose Water Macaroon
- Banana and Spice Cake
- Almond Rocher
- Fresh Fruit Tartellette
- Passion Fruit and Coconut Fool
- Opéra Gâteau
Happy Friday ^_^
My latest for Gotham Magazine…a look at the decadent suites of The May Fair London. 45 suites in total, each completely different from the other. I love older classics like The Ritz London and Brown’s Hotel, but this is a mighty fun departure.
Can’t wait to return.