1. I think we have an apartment! Found an awesome, super bright & almost new 2-brdm, right next to some of my favorite restaurants and bakeries ever.
2. It all came down to a huge studio or a small 2-bdrm – same price. Both were in awesome locations. You’d think: studio versus 2-bdrm? At the same price? Easy. Take the 2-bdrm! But it wasn’t that easy. After many discussions, we concluded that the only reason we liked the studio (a lot) was cause the (very cute) climatologist who owns the studio was an excellent interior decorator. Clouded judgement aside, we went with the 2-bdrm!
For dinner one night we had fries. Yes. Fries for dinner.
Mmmm, good yeah? We got a side sauce of blue cheese mayo, and those are chopped onions on the left. I burned my tongue super bad but it was all for a good cause. No one wants lukewarm fries! :)
3. The whole dealing with a broker in her bedroom and up front cash business is really sketchy and somewhat scary. If all goes well, we’ll sign the lease this afternoon and move in on Saturday.
Today’s breakfast with Shann: orange juice, lemonade, peanut butter cookie (the cookie was especially good!) from Think in the village
4. Paying $4 for orange juice or a latte every morning is starting to get expensive. I’ve really taken my parents for granted. But I appreciate them!
Last night’s dessert at Sugar Sweet Sunshine: my most favorite banana pudding in the world, and Shann’s pumpkin cupcake
5. Exhausted. 10 apartments in two days. A lot of running around. A lot of sweat. A lot of bank visits, and even more visits to bakeries. Little sleep.
Sugar Sweet Sunshine
126 Rivington St.
NY, NY 10012
123 2nd Ave.
NY, NY 10003